6 picture books published in 2026 that we would recommend.
Our daughter continues to grow and continues to love reading. She loves to read all the new books we checkout weekly, or bi-weekly, from the public library. Just like she loves to pick out new-to-her books from a bookshop or a thrift shop. After reading ALOT of 2026 books we have narrowed the list down to the following six. These books are books that we all three enjoy. I have excluded the annoying "Bertie Bannana" book as well as the babyish books and the books that I thought were good but were too much detail for her. Some other books I have excluded thinking I would use for another book blog so that I could pair this post down to 6 books. These books represent our daughter's love of nature, love of books, love for animals, the need for funny and the reminder that we all make mistakes and we could all use a helping hand.
Here are six books that have caught our attention so far this year:
1. I am Not Boring The True-Life Story of a Log by Lena Podesta, Published by Ten Speed Young Readers of Penguin Random House LLC, May 26, 2026. Ages 3-6.
Why this book caught our attention:
2. A Book of Loves by Cynthia Rylant. Published by Beach Lane Books. Simon & Schuster, LLC. January 6, 2026. Ages 2-8.
Why this book caught our attention:
3. I am Speedy Confessions of a Turbocharged Sloth by Kristen Tracy, pictures by Erin Kraan. Published by Farrar Straws Giroux Books for Young Readers. An imprint of Macmillan Publishing Group. LLC. May 19, 2026. Ages 4-6.
Why this book caught our attention:
4. I'm So Happy You're Here A Celebration of Library Joy by Mychal Threets Literacy ambassador and librarian, illustrated by Lorraine Nam. Published by Random House Books for Young Readers and imprint of Random House Children's Books. A division of Penguin Random House LLC. New York. February 3, 2026. Ages 3-6.
Why this book caught our attention:
5. Is This a Plum? A Peek-Through Picture Book by Dan & Finn Ojari. Published by Random House. NewYork. May 5, 2026. Ages 3-7.
Why this book caught our attention:
6. Toad on the Go by Jashar Awan. Published by Tundra Books of Northern New York an imprint of Tundra Book Group a division of Penguin Random House Canada Ltd. June 16, 2026. Ages 3-7.
Why this book caught our attention:
What books have been catching the eyes of those in your family this year?
Comments
Post a Comment